Curatorial and Programming Assistant at Tofino Clayoquot Heritage Museum
The Tofino Clayoquot Heritage Museum is seeking a student interested in regional heritage. Our community-oriented museum is a compact institution, requiring flexibility of skills and adeptness of task management.
The student will be primarily working at the “front desk”, being the first point of interaction with a high volume of visitors and locals alike. The student will be mentored through a research project task with an end product of a mobile exhibition. They will also be trained to deliver walking tours of 30 minutes to 1hr throughout the town of Tofino. Tours will be delivered on Saturdays from June to August. Mentorship in proper handling practices and archival procedures will be ongoing as the student assists with collections and records management.
Ideal candidate will:
- have an interest in Vancouver Island history, esp. Nuu-chah-nulth history
- be fluent in English
- have flexible communication skills
- be comfortable working independently
- be familiar with collections and records experience (an asset)
- be familiar and comfortable with primary and secondary research
- have exceptional organizational skills
- excel at time management
Job Start Date: 2018 – 05-07
Job End Date: 2018 - 08 - 25
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Tofino Clayoquot Heritage Museum
PO Box 429
*In e-mail add subject line "Summer Job 2018_YOURNAME"